Saturday, September 7, 2019

The Art of Letting Go

These couple of months has been pretty tough for me.

Last weekend was getting tougher, since we have to accept the fact that one of our cats is missing, Louie hasn't come home since Friday afternoon. This wasn't the first time though, he leaved once before, but return the next one and half day. But this time, it has been almost three days... until we finally decided to let him go.

Sunday evening before bed, a recommendation appears on my YouTube homepage, a video that I currently need (well not necessarily), but one of the comments underneath, freezes me for a moment:

"Let it go, if it comes back it's yours, but if it doesn't, then it never was."

It hits me right in my chest, even deeper, to my heart.
...
This early Monday morning around 7, after I had a hot shower in my office locker room (God that felt so good), I did my morning prayer. At the end of my prayer, I tell God that I let go. I surrender. I let Him decide what is best from now on.

Then, something magical happens...

By 10 am, a text coming from my brother, telling me that my Mom cried so loud it put my brother in shock he's afraid if something bad is happening to me, instead, she's crying of welcoming Louie, her favorite child. Louie came home just now.

I was like, holy shit. Is it really that fast? I mean, I let go just 3 hours ago, and now the quote I got last night "if it comes back" without me having to wait for days or months... Life is indeed so funny, isn't it?

Letting go is an art, it is something we need to learn and develop. We might fail, we might have a different way of doing it, sometimes we even might see it in a different perspective. Now I understand that even though letting go is hard, it is far from impossible. Once I did, whether it's succeeded or not, things will start changing and all answers seems to appear. At least, there is nothing to lose and I feel a lot better by letting things go, I can walk easier, think clearer, and smile wider, genuinely.

No comments:

Post a Comment